Sign up for our newsletter to receive special offers reserved to you
Reach Out to San Michele
Please reach us out with any question or if you are traveling to Italy and want to visit the farm
Join the community
Chianti Colli Fiorentini DOCG is the symbol of the company. It is produced from Sangiovese grapes, Canaiolo, Colorino, and Merlot. The first harvest was in 1987 and continues nowadays in vineyards about 155 mt. in elevation in the hills of Scandicci. The south/southeast exposure is perfect for the ripening of the grape, giving it a fresh fruity flavor with a medium intensity that pairs wonderfully with all dishes.
1) Each case must contain 6 bottles.
2) Pick your favorite organic wines and extra virgin olive oil by adding them to the cart
3) Once you have added 6 bottles you can check them out.
4) You can buy as many cases as you like, just make sure there are 6 bottles per case.
Vines: Produced mainly from Sangiovese, Canaoilo, Colorino and Merlot.
Soil: Silty clays formed in the alluvial phase, attributable to the Elsa River in the Upper Pliocene, about 3 million years ago. The clays give fine and elegant wines, more suitable for immediate drinking.
Training: The two training methods used are the cordon and the guyot with a planting density of 5,000 vines per hectare.
Harvest: The harvest is done manually and it usually begins around September 15th and is completed around October 15th.
Soaking and Fermentation: The fermentation takes place in 28-30 degree celsius steel containers and lasts around 15 days.
Aging: 30% of the wine is aged in 25hl barrels while the remaining 70% is aged in cement. After the wine is bottled it is aged for another 2 months at least.
Appearance: Ruby red with purple reflections, good consistency.
Aroma: Intense and persistent with fruity, winey and floral nuances.
Taste: Good softness combined with a lively freshness and a pleasant tannin.
Considerations: Best when consumed within 4-6 years after harvest.
Pairings: Chianti Colli Fiorentini DOCG is suitable for all dishes. It matches very well with many appetizers thanks to an interesting olfactory appearance with well-marked fruity and floral scents. For example Tuscan crostini with pate or salami and cheese would be a perfect combination. It pairs best with tasty meat sauces such as Amatriciana or Carbonara for the first course and with white or dark meat such as roast beef for second courses.
Fattoria San Michele a Torri
Via di San Michele, 36
50018 Scandicci – Firenze, Italia
Phone +39 055 769111
Open to the public
Monday to Saturday
10AM to 12PM and 3PM to 7PM
Sunday by appointment
Sign up for San Michele’s newsletter to receive special offers reserved to you